Rooting Disclaimer: I will not be held responsible for any brick, or problems you may experience in rooting your device. I am just sharing what I did to root the phone and it is SUCCESSFULL. And since there is no, (I think) way of backing up the Phone, DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK. But I doubt that you will brick your phone.
1. Unlockroot 2.3 software (click this to download)
2. Phone USB driver (click this to download)
1. Install UnlockRoot 2.3.
2. Connect your MyPhone A818 to your PC.
Note: Be sure that you enable USB Debugging in your phone. (Settings > Application > Development > Tick USB Debugging.
3. Your PC will ask on how will you install the driver, choose "Install from a specific location" then navigate to where you extracted the drivers I gave you.
4. After installing the drivers for your phone, get back to UnlockRoot.
5. Click the "Root" then wait for your device to appear then choose it. Rooting takes place.
Note: Before Clicking Root, make sure that there is no Application using your phone, (apps like Nokia PC Suite).
6. After that, it will ask you if you want to have a battery saver app. Choice is yours. it doesn't affect the rooting.
7. Phone will reboot if you agree to reboot it.8. Voila ! Phone is now Rooted. Download Root Checker on Market to see
Credits to: esrom02(Symbianize)